SAP Logo LeanIX is now part of SAP

Welcome to the LeanIX EAM Developers User Group!

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies
Welcome to the LeanIX EAM Developers User Group!
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, developers and technical experts!

My name is Beth, and I’m a Customer Success Engineer at LeanIX. I’m delighted to welcome you to this user group! We are looking forward to supporting the discussion topics of interest to you.

The LeanIX EAM Developers group is a place for you to find ideas, discuss technical challenges and provide feedback, or showcase how you’re using the more technical aspects of LeanIX.

Whether you’re working with the LeanIX Integration API or building Custom Reports, we want to give you access to experts who share your interests and concerns.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves in the thread below. I hope this User Group will bring us all closer and allow us to move forward together. See you soon!

4 replies

Hi Beth/All

Firstly thank you for your introduction and explanation how the User Community provides a forum to share best practices, knowledge and practical expertise.  

I little about me, I am the IT Rationalisation Programme Manager at SCS Railways (Supporting the High Speed 2 the UK National  Infrastructure Project) the largest in Europe. 

We have just commenced our LeanIX with the guys at Komfident dk (who are excellent!) building our environments and getting prepared to start onboarding. 

What I am looking for from this community is a proactive user community to share what’s worked well and what could be done differently, avoiding pitfalls and tips.

my first subject of interest is Q: Can anyone recommend any useful ‘Implementation Training’ ? 
Best regards

Andy 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @AndySCS  and welcome!

Thank you for your interest in integrating with LeanIX APIs. We're pleased to inform you that we offer comprehensive APIs for most of our core components, which include both Webhooks, REST and GraphQL APIs. Having a fundamental understanding of these APIs will be beneficial as you embark on your onboarding journey.
To help you get started, our Developer documentation includes examples of how to integrate with our technologies.
In my experience, I've found that the most effective approach to start automating workflows is to begin with a straightforward use case. For instance, you might consider automating the process of adding tags to Fact Sheets. This is a relatively simple task that can provide an excellent introduction to using our APIs. We also provide a guide with code examples on how this could be achieved through our APIs.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance. We're here to help!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @AndySCS ,

as Kostas mentioned, there is no training. The initial documentation is quite OK to build your first simple interfaces (I did not build a report yet). As in the documentation mentioned the debugger of the browser is very useful to explore how to build graphql statements. The following github repros are helpful, too, although the are a few years old:

leanix-report-tutorial-table/TUTORIAL.md at master · leanix-public/leanix-report-tutorial-table · GitHub

LeanIX Public · GitHub

The swagger ui gives you the possibility to explore the APIs, in the upper right corner you can select the service you need in the dropdown-box.

I used these examples to start with our developments an adopted them to our needs.
Best regards,
Carsten 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Carsten for your continued engagement! I’m excited to share some updates related to your post.
We're in the process of refreshing our public scripts folder. Not only are we modernizing and updating our existing scripts, but we're also keen on exploring new examples that could be beneficial to our community.
As for the custom reports, we're on it! We're currently updating both the content and the code examples to provide you with the best resources possible.
Your feedback is invaluable to us. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on what you believe might be missing or could be improved in our developers' documentation and scripts. We're always open to suggestions and eager to make enhancements that benefit our user community.