Skip to main content
Solved

Integration with ServiceNow - LeanIX ID not created/synced

• 7 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

we are starting with the integration to ServiceNow. At the moment the integration of Applications is working for us, but we are struggling a little bit with the integration of IT Components.

For starters we created a simple configuration as follows:

This creates the IT Components with all the attributes, except the LeanIX, which is somehow messed up. It is not showing in the fact sheet, nor its syncing to ServiceNow in the subsequent synchronization steps.

What have we done wrong? Are you able to set the integration in a way that in the fact sheet is missing, it is then created by the integration and LeanIX is sent back to ServiceNow?

Many thanks,

Jaroslav

Hi @jaroslav ,

If you are trying to send back the LeanIX fact sheet id (which was created by a previous ServiceNow integration run), you should map like this instead:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Hello @Helder.Luz ,

thank you for the suggestion. I have tried that, but it synchronizes the UID of the fact sheet, not the LeanIX ID:

On the other hand, the fact sheet is created properly and the LeanIX ID is visible. I am thinking of some “2 pass synchronization” - in the first pass just create the fact sheet without syncing anything from LeanIX, then when the fact sheet exists, pull the data from it. But dont know how to do it. 😀

Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jaroslav

Hi @jaroslav ,

Yes the id is the LeanIX GUID. Which id would you like to update ServiceNow with?

During sync the ServiceNow sys_id is stored in the serviceNowExternalId field in LeanIX. If you want that ServiceNow also has the LeanIX id I would use the id field (the GUID) in LeanIX and push it into a newly defined field. That is what I thought you were intending to do. And yes, I believe this this would be done in a second sync after the fact sheet exist in LeanIX.

Instead of the id, you could use the LeanIX URL, which will make it easy for people to link back.

Cheers.

Hi @jaroslav ,

Yes the id is the LeanIX GUID. Which id would you like to update ServiceNow with?

During sync the ServiceNow sys_id is stored in the serviceNowExternalId field in LeanIX. If you want that ServiceNow also has the LeanIX id I would use the id field (the GUID) in LeanIX and push it into a newly defined field. That is what I thought you were intending to do. And yes, I believe this this would be done in a second sync after the fact sheet exist in LeanIX.

Instead of the id, you could use the LeanIX URL, which will make it easy for people to link back.

Cheers.

We are used to work with the LeanIX ID, so we wanted to sync that, but it causes issues as shown in the first post. Any ideas?

The URL is a great suggestion and I think we will use that. 🙂

Thank you very much for your help.

J.