Skip to main content
Solved

ARB survey to seek feedback/process improvements/gaps/etc. from wider community

• 14 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Greetings,

I have been prompted to lead and coordinate ARB recently.

ARB has been in place for 2-3 years now, the process is a mix of manual and some power automation tool.

I definitely see there is opportunity for process improvements/gaps/etc. 

Planning to conduct a organization wide survey with key stakeholders, ex.: Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), larger EA community (Portfolio, Business and Technology architects), Support group, etc.

How to go about it?

What are the key areas I need to consider or address?

Appreciate this communities feedback… thanks. 

I’d suggest, if your ARB has been in place now for 2-3 years, it's probably time to evaluate whether your stakeholder community still feels its meeting its intended purpose. Hopefully you have a charter / mission statement for your ARB that you can refer your survey participants to, and gauge their perspective.  

Based on their feedback, you may have to realign things to meet the expected outcomes or adjust the more tactical aspects of your program like meeting days or style or maybe the way projects reach your ARB process. 

At the end of your evaluation, it will be important to share your planned adjustments, show why they will resolve the issue communicated and how you’ll measure their effectiveness. Doing so should help your stakeholders to confirm their continued commitment to the process.   

Hope this helps - good luck!

Chris W

Thanks for the response… appreciate it.. @ChrisW-Vulcan .

Any other thoughts? would like to hear more from other community members.

Interesting idea,  Would you be interested in sharing the types of questions you ask in your survey?  Do you use a scale for quantify the responses?

@ChrisW-Vulcan,

If I need to conduct a survey to identify gaps/improvements/opportunities and baseline , so I can identify few KPIs to work, which are those 3-5 categories of areas I should consider?

Have you done something similar or any guidance please?

Thanks in advance.

I’d suggest focusing on questions related to 1) Alignment of the process with its stated objectives 2) Efficiency / clarity of the current process 3) Degree of integration or overlap with adjacent governance processes. 4) Perception of effectiveness / usefulness amongst both technology staff and business/org staff - Hope this helps.  

Thank you… @ChrisW-Vulcan , appreciate it.