Skip to main content

Hi Team,

I am populating Factsheet Type = User Group with Organization Data and the “Alias” field has details of an organization unit.

How can I reference the “Alias” field in factsheet type = User Group in another factsheet type “Application” (field = Business unit)

Does LEANIX allow cross factsheet type reference? 

Purpose - Identify which applications belong to which business unit. 

Hi Sonia,

It’s not possible to link directly to an attribute in a fact sheet, the relation just connects two fact sheets. But what you could try to do is to make the alias a part of your display name, so that it’s displayed everywhere where the display name is shown. Something like: displayName = eBU Name] + Parent hierarchy name + UserGroup name.

Your CSM team can help you to change the formula for the display name, and I think they are able to integrate the alias in there as well. Please create a ticket to check with them.

This should be a roadmap item. It is often the case that you are faced with a choice to model at either a higher-level or lower-level level. If you choose to model at a lower level you still need to be able to see the information at the higher level. If not, then you must model the same relationships twice… once at each level… which is unmanageable. The key is to allow the higher-level relationship to be derived from the lower level relationship via an expression. Troux/Planview handles this really well and it is a major limiting issue that LeanIX is unable to do the same.

Hi @nealmc 

Data aggregation and inheritance between different levels is one of the many reasons why we have developed LeanIX Automation Platform. If you want to try it out, please get in touch - I am pretty sure that many of your use cases are already covered in the 20+ predefined automations.

Definitely interested in trying this out. Managing different levels of details in models is quite important.