Skip to main content

Hello!

New to EA and LeanIX. I’m looking for thoughts around performing general risk management (associated with EA) within LeanIX.

Risk management typically involves listing specific risks, with description, likelihood, and impact score attributes, and calculates risk scores based off of them.

As far as I can tell, LeanIX (even with the Risk and Compliance module) allows us to store aggregated obsolescence specific risk via the lifecycle attribute but it doesn’t provide this general risk management capability.

I’ve found a documentation example which seems to use tags to augment fact sheets with additional sunset status/risk, but that’s not quite what I had in mind. I’ve also found this example where custom fact sheet attributes are created and populated with similar fields (but not as a separate risk object):

https://docs-eam.leanix.net/reference/calculate-risk-scores-based-survey-responses

Has anyone created custom objects and custom relationships to implement this sort of risk register functionality?

Is this sort of customisation advisable? (generally tool customisations incur a maintenance cost when tools change)

Thoughts? 

Be the first to reply!