Skip to main content

As the title states, I have an Application Portal and when clicking on an application and the detail opening, there is a button for, “Request Now”. I’ve used the Portals in Administration to customize the action to “mailto: xxxxxx” our help desk, however, it would be awesome to dynamically include the application name that is being requested.

Has anyone done this?

I will assume this functionality does not exist in LeanIX. It would be a very nice feature to have.

@Shane I assume that you are using the Resource link of type “Support Ticket” and changed the URL to the mailto protocol. Then use that in the portal details section to show as a link and/or button.

There are only a few parameters supported; Portal: Parameterized links (leanix.net) but the fact sheet name is one of them.

So the URL to launch an e-mail with the application name in (not hard-coded in the link)

mailto:test@example.com?subject=Testing out mailto!<factSheetName>

With a bit of research you can get fancy and include body text and other information too.

Hope this helps.

@Shane if you genuinely have just one IT Support/Request e-mail address for the portal scope this works by setting a default URL in the Portal settings. That way you don’t have to maintain individual links for every application.

This is perfect - it worked brilliantly! I’m not sure how I missed the documentation. But thank you so much for the help!

@Justin Swift - yes - I am using the Portal Settings - so very helpful addition to your original comment.

Thank you so much @Justin Swift , did that answer your question @Shane?

Yes @Agnes Gierulski and I have just marked it as such :)

Thanks again!