Skip to main content

As per the title I am looking to the community to see if anybody is able to help with the Portal configuration options.

Having created a ‘Application - Factsheet’ portal I have 2 areas that I am looking to solve for.

1. On the Search configuration, I have created a Filter Option, Based on ‘Relation’ that is has a Related Fact Sheet Type of ‘Organization’. In the Portal, this then display the Parents of Subtype ‘Business Unit’ only and does not show any Children depth. 
    • My Question: Is is possible to specify the Subtypes that are presented below the search field in the Portal, or the Child depth?
  2. On the portal configuration for ‘Detailed View’ I have added a relation for ‘Organizations’ through the Fact Sheet name property, i am either able to leave blank and see the full parent/child path to the Organization. 
    • My Question: is there a way to display the Subtype & the name. This will then result in a cleaner display without the full parent/child hierarchy.

Keen to how others have best managed the display of data in their Portals.

@ryansimmons some quick answers to your questions below. Portals are useful but have some current limitations and you might want to consider reducing the scope of the portals to particular audiences by filtering the content presented in the basic section first for best effect.

Q1-Search filtering by relation is limited to the top level (Hierarchy Level 1) only, with no additional options. Sometimes it is better to consider using Tag groups as a search filter option, although with the application fact sheet this could make it a bit busy. NOTE: if you use more than 1 tag group, selecting multiples is based on OR logic rather than AND at the moment.

Q2-In the detailed view there is only the option to change the fact sheet name property

In theory you could choose any field key here, we used “alias” in the past and “category” works currently, but I don’t know if there is any syntax that could combine two field keys.

Maybe a question to support about what fields and syntax are supported here is needed.