Skip to main content

Is there a way to automate the role of the user if the user has been added as a subscriber.

Ex: X is a viewer and X has been added as a service manager/ service owner. Can we automate to change the role of X from viewer to member?

Hi @Kishore VS,

Does your company already use Aronis LeanIX Automation Platform? If yes, there is a simple command to update the role of a user:

https://doc.aronis.de/utils/leanix_client.html#LeanIXClient.update_permission

I’m also thinking about turning this into a no-code automation, so that it automatically upgrades a VIEWER to a MEMBER as soon as it is assigned a Responsible or Accountable role. If that would help you, let me know.

Hello @Kishore VS ,

I used the permission, because I did not want to users become automatically members when they are subscribers. Eg.we have an External taking care of a factsheet, I want this person just to be enabled to edit a factsheet, when subscribed as accountable or responsible. 
Standard permission just view:

But if subscribed as accountable or responsible:

You can add permissions in advanced permissions.

To change the role of a user will not work, when you implement SSO, because in that case the role management work via ad-group assignment and (as far as I know, I may be wrong) just just can change the user Group by changing AD group membership of a user.

Best regards,
Carsten