SAP Logo LeanIX is now part of SAP
Solved

Visualizing Options Assessment

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Community,

has anyone experience with dealing of options assessment results in LeanIX?

Le me explain in more detail:

You are dealing with lots of Business Capabilities in LeanIX (amount n) and due to best of breed you have same amount (n) of applications in the portfolio.

On the other hand you know about an application supporting more than one business capability - an integrated solution. How to visualize the option that this integrated solution (not implemented only based on capabilities) is providing as it might be the successor for multiple active applications!

The successor attribute is too hard wired for this because we are talking about an option and curently there is no initiative planned/release.

How would you deal with this requirement in LeanIX (or is LeanIX the wrong tool for something like this)?

Best Regards

Thomas

icon

Best answer by Thomas Schreiner 11 April 2024, 19:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @SCMPUR 

LeanIX „should“ be the right tool for this, as a significant aspect of architecture is about taking the right decisions.

Are you using the BTM module? If not, you could introduce another app/app relation that you call „Potential Successor“ and work with that. Note that adding relations from and to the very same FS type can only be done by LeanIX support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @SCMPUR 

... Note that adding relations from and to the very same FS type can only be done by LeanIX support.

Maybe that used to be the case? but it is now possible to define Relations between the same fact sheet type using the Admin Meta Model configuration.

Cheers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Interesting @Helder.Luz, I didn’t notice that and I haven’t seen it anywhere in the changelog. Thanks for pointing it out!