Skip to main content

​Hi Everyone! 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! A common theme that is being surfaced constantly is around automations, and how to incorporate the factor of automations into various workflows or into complex oriented business models to achieve positive intended results. LeanIX has built in automations that revolve around the concept of “no code” that is easily configurable within minutes under the admin area:

Key Areas Automations Can Help With:

1. Increased Efficiency

Automation workflows operate much faster than humans do, without the need for breaks, sleep, or days off. This results in significantly increased process efficiency.

2. Reduced Errors

Automations eliminate the likelihood of human errors like forgetfulness, typos, misinterpretations, and miscalculations, leading to a higher quality of work.

3. Consistency

Performing tasks manually can result in inconsistencies, especially over time or across different team members. Automated processes ensure every task is performed identically, leading to consistent and reliable outcomes.

4. Cost Savings

Over time automation can greatly reduce costs associated with labor, materials, waste, and errors.

5. Enhanced Productivity

Automation frees up employees from repetitive and mundane tasks, allowing them to focus on more critical tasks like decision-making and strategic planning, thus increasing overall productivity.

6. Scalability

With automation, businesses can handle increased workload or expand their operations without the need to hire more personnel.

7. Data Availability

Automated systems often capture and store data about the tasks they perform, which can provide valuable insights for business intelligence.

Best Practices Documentation: https://docs-eam.leanix.net/docs/automations-best-practice

A question for the whole community, how is your organization embracing automations, and have you explored the LeanIX automations module under the admin area? Please share your insights and experience on automations, and let’s learn and grow together!

Thanks,

Niral Mehta

I am attempting to utilize Automations to identify Lifecycle renewals for applications in the following manner:

When an Application fact sheet’s Lifecycle reaches 90 days prior to the date for Phase Out state,

Then the Quality Seal State is set to “Broken” and the Ordering Request Status is set to Approval requested”.  An Approval To-Do is triggered which emails a specific user, (contract manager), asking them to reply to the Renewal request, while an Action To-Do is sent to the Admin (Accountable user), to fix the Quality Seal state.  The due date is set for 7 days.

If the request is set to Rejected”, the Ordering Request Status is set to Approval Denied”.  When this happens, a separate Automation notifies specific users that the request was Denied” and that the quality seal is now in a “Rejected” state.  This task has a due date of 3 days and is set as Pause until “Marked as Complete”.

***I am having difficulty getting this Automation to work properly.  I believe it may be because I had separate Automations in place to trigger Action items about the change in Quality Seal status, and those Automations may have blocked this one from handling all defined parts.  I have set those other Automations to “Draft” to see if this remedies the situation.

If anyone has found that Automations can “block” or “cancel out” other Automations, please let me know!

Thank you.

UPDATE:  The reason the Automation appeared to not be working is because Automations do not work retroactively.  Only from the date going forward will the Automation count before/after days.

I also added more pieces to my Automation:

When the Approval Request is set to “Limited Approval w/Conditions”, it sets the Quality State to “Draft” and emails the Accountable Admin to check on the conditions are react accordingly.

When the Approval Request is “Approved”, it sets the Quality State to “Approved” and emails the Accountable Admin to verify the Approval is accurate.

Hi.

There is a way of automating when a subscriber is removed from a fact sheet, how ever our users are very seldom removed as a subscriber. A bigger problem is that they leave the company.

Due to the SSO integration we can get user to change status to Archived when they leave.

But I have not found a way to automate notification or actions when a user is archived.

Is there a way to, for example: Remove a Subscriber from a fact sheet is the status change to Archived?

Or any other way of automating notification or actions to specified user or group when a subscriber status changes?

Thank you.

Hi @MEAN ,
there is no trigger for a user is being archived. I created a Python job using LeanIX API for that is scheduled each morning:
I a first run I created from AD a list of users deactivated (you can use the pyad library for that). The I get a list of users form LeanIX, and remove all Users not in LeanIX. I remove the subscriptions of the remaining users, break the QS of subscribed FS (where user is accountable) archive the user in LeanIX.

The APIis described in https://docs-eam.leanix.net/reference/user-management 

The request to get the FS for a subscribed user:

graphql_query = """

{

allFactSheets(first: 100, filter: {

facetFilters:

{

facetKey: "Subscriptions",

operator: OR,

keys: e

"%s"

]