SAP Logo LeanIX is now part of SAP

Confluence - LeanIX

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has documented their LeanIX use cases, how-to’s, etc in Confluence? If so, can anyone share their experiences with this? What information did you put into Confluence concerning LeanIX? How did you structure it?

Thanks all 

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, we (my team) are using Teams Planer as our Kanban to manage our activates (task), they are tagged related to our Epics and stories we are working on. We sort them in “buckets” such as Funnel  - Candidate Next Sprint - Committed To Do - In Progress (Doing) - Blocked - Done- Dropped.

With this approach we are focusing on the right things and can show progress. We break down the tasks so that they can be completed in 2 weeks iterations. We have been working like this for 2 years. All documents are structured in the Team site… 

I guess that you can do/achieve the same using Confluence - just another tool.

Hope this helps...

We use Confluence for our leanIX how-tos and related learning and guidance, as well as transparency for governance and related.  

We have some primary sections, an FAQ page, a video learning page, and beyond that it is more scattered by the specific topic/domain.  

I would say it works so-so.  Some do use it, but we have a general consistency of onboarding issue.  Beyond that, there’s a bit of valid confusion between our SharePoint and Confluence sites; originally we used Confluence for anything “detailed” and SharePoint more for “brochureware,” especially because some years back there were space limitations and some other aspects (including, back then, editing and general maintenance usability) more limiting on SharePoint, but no longer the case.  We are sorting this out and I rather expect that we may migrate most or all to SharePoint as it’s easier now and pretty much entirely supports us.  

However, to this point, it’s still a discussion as our developer environment and generally our solution architects are much more on Confluence.  So there’s an important role/user aspect here as well to keep in mind.  

Happy to discuss sometime!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kalebberha 

Yes we have used confluence do document the LeanIX solution and provide how-to guides. Advantage over SharePoint or Teams sites is that you can see who has visited the pages (and when) which is still not properly available in Microsoft (yet).

Lean IX Landing Page (FAQ’s and links)

> How to Request Access

> Definition of an Application

> Use Case 1 (Overview)

>> Use case 1 how-to page 1

>> Use case 1 how-to page 2 etc

** repeat for each use case **

> Administration and Configuration

>> Page for each Fact Sheet Type (usage, new or changed config)

>> General administration/settings (new or changed)

In general lots of graphics, not a lot of text with links to best practice and detailed guides on LeanIX web-site. I.e. documentation “lite” for a COTS product.