Solved

Grouping IT Components by Business Capabilities

• 14 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

In the Landscape or Matrix report can you group IT components by business capabilities?  without going through the applications?

icon

Best answer by Mazen 15 February 2024, 17:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

lol, I JUST asked a like minded question by contacting my customer support rep. 

I am 90% sure that you can only group in Landscape or Matrix based on the factsheets directly related to the factsheet in focus on the report. 

If you can group a landscape or matrix based on a second step relationship, I’d love to hear how. 

You can filter based on the secondary relationships. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Mazen , @God ,

Try this:

1. Add this report from the LeanIX Store to your workspace: https://store.leanix.net/en/details/report/903eac28-4769-466a-8b72-a7016723bbc4/5c4faa00-69a6-4da7-be27-bcce141e7b28
  2. Configure as: 

Hope it helps...

Cheers

Userlevel 1

Your right. I’ve used the relation diagram in the past. I feel like the report needs some functionality refinement. 

Ideally, the view I was after would by the x/y matrix report. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Helder, very cool report.

Cheers,

Userlevel 5
Badge

Your right. I’ve used the relation diagram in the past. I feel like the report needs some functionality refinement. 

Ideally, the view I was after would by the x/y matrix report. 

@God - Faced with the same problem and the fact that an Application can have many Business Capabilities, IT Components or Interfaces and trying to do impact analysis where all combinations get included. Only solution for us was to create “shortcut” relation to Business Capabilities on the IT Component and Interface factsheets.

A bit more maintenance but a more targeted output and direct access to the matrix report.

/* */