SAP Logo LeanIX is now part of SAP
Question

Line breaks in text fields in table view of inventory

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

I found that in the table view the line breaks in text fields are ignored…
Is there a possibility to show the line breaks als in the table view?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Daniel,

There is no configuration option to render line breaks in the table view, but I could imagine that LeanIX might consider the current behaviour as a bug or at least as inconsistent with the fact sheet view. So you could try to open a ticket with LeanIX support, and if you are lucky, you will get a timely fix, as it shouldn’t be too much effort and I don’t see a reason why we would keep it inconsistent.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Daniel,

I would agree with Thomas and say that this is a bug or inconsistent behaviour, especially as if you export to excel the line breaks are honoured, so presume also they would be kept if edited and imported back in.

As a bit of a workaround you can “edit” in table view and the formatting is displayed as it is in the factsheet. Just be sure to cancel the edit.

Justin.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

To expand on this, it would be great if more [markdown](https://commonmark.org/help/) syntax was supported, especially lists as @DanielSchoeneck showed in his example above.

[...]

As a bit of a workaround you can “edit” in table view and the formatting is displayed as it is in the factsheet. Just be sure to cancel the edit.

I just tried that, but also this does not work...line breaks are still not shown in the table view

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

There is already the plan, to fix the bug in the Inventory table view where newlines in the content of a Fact Sheet textarea field were not displayed in the “expanded” mode.

The desired behaviour would be:
Newlines in the expanded table view are rendered just like on the Fact Sheet details page.

I can't share an exact release date yet, please keep an eye on: https://updates.leanix.net/?view=complete
Thanks, Larissa 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It has been fixed!. ;-)